Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 330ish


Forrest has started volunteering with Young Life and so high school has been a frequent topic of discussion lately in our house. As I have told Forrest over and over, I think it worked out for the best that we didn't meet until college, because neither of us was at our best during those formative years =) To the point though, I was thinking about how my academic focus during that time was simply to get the best grades I could with the least work possible. I've always valued efficiency (that sounds better than "slacker"). My subsequent though was how much I have changed and how I really give things my all now and how I am such a shining example of dedication in whatever I do... or, maybe it was how I can't believe how much has stayed the same!

Mix that slacker spirit with a new camera and... Project 330ish is born! There is a Project 365 out there for perfectionists, but for those of us who think mostly done is done enough, Project 330ish is here. With 330 days left in the year, I am making a committment to myself and you to take a picture each day, and post them with clockwork regularity every week. Ok, posting will probably happen more with "shaving your legs in winter" regularity, and I reserve the right to substitute seven pictures taken on one day for a whole weeks worth of work!

For full disclosure's sake, I must admit that I just got a new camera and that my photography is not really any good, and may stay that way. Knowing that, I completely understand if Project 330ish sounds like a terrible idea to you, and if that is the case, please don't subject yourself to coming here to see my pictures. Or do, if you feel you deserve penance for something. Maybe talk to your priest.

Love wins, Shan

5 comments:

Beth said...

Fun shannon! I love the idea of this! :) What kind of camera did you get?!

Case and Los said...

Ditto what Beth said!

Beth said...

I can't wait to see your pics. I hope the one of Will under the car makes it=) As far as slacking goes, I think I win the blogging slacker of the year award.

A, E, e, a said...

I love the idea of your project 330! Keep up the good work. We have the same camera and (after 18 months with it), WE LOVE IT!!!!!! It's fun to learn more about photography and get killer pictures of your family at the same time. Thanks for sharing a fun idea. =) Love, Erica Moseley

Bethany and Isaac said...

You didn't tell me you started doing 365! Awesome!

I only know one person who's actually a photographer who does 365. The rest of us just think it's fun to catalog our year this way, and we love to take pictures. I think it suits you just fine and I can't wait to see all your pictures!