Thursday, November 20, 2008

WELCOME CALEB!!!

We are so excited to be able to welcome Caleb Everett into the world to make it a little sweeter! Congratulations to Shawn, Elaine, and all the grandparents who are visiting =) This is a little belated, since he will be a week old tomorrow, so maybe I should say "Happy 1 week birthday!" We love you little man and are so glad you are here! What a wonderful God we serve. You are a living answer to prayer, baby Caleb.

On the Pendleton front, we had our first adoption disappointment yesterday. Our profile (the picture book that introduces us to birthfamilies) was sent to Missouri and Indiana to be looked at by birthmoms. Both decided on different families, whom we are very happy for. Most of all we are glad that those babies are going to be adopted by families that really want them and will love them so much. We are still disappointed for ourselves though. In theory, we want God's timing in bringing us our baby, but in practice it is harder to be patient and stay encouraged. I'm not sure what the cosmic hold-up is =) Forrest keeps reminding me how narrow our perspective is, and with that in mind I am glad that I am not in charge all the time. I'm ready to hold our baby, but I will be ready still when God is ready too.

5 comments:

Case and Los said...

totally. p.s. you're hilarious, cosmic hold up:)

Elaine said...

I am praying for you guys! It's so hard to wait for God's timing, isn't it?! Thanks for the "shout out" for us too! I am loving being a mom....although ask me how I'm doing once all my help leaves :o)! haha! Love you guys!

Beth said...

I didn't know you heard from those birthmoms. You are in my prayers. I feel like I'm impatient for you too=) Can't wait to see Judah tomorrow. Will has missed his buddy this week! Thank you for being such great friends. Only another mother would understand the beauty of not going to the store for whole milk on the way home from the airport=)

Beth said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to play the waiting game. I will definitely pray for y'all every time you come to mind...So cool to think God can see all the pieces of the puzzle, I'm sure when His timing does come it will be a perfect fit in every way...y'all are awesome.

The Medina Heins' said...

I'm praying for you all. I'm anxious to see what the Lord will provide (and when) for the new addition to your family. It is such an intense blessing that God is planning a perfect little one just for you...the coolest thing is, is that He knows who that little one is, when that little one will be born, what the story is that goes along with getting him/her to you, and just when it will happen! Love to you all...xoxox