Thursday, September 18, 2008

Makeup and pearls...

I realized again tonight that although I live in Florida, I am still definitely a Northwest girl. I went to a ladies' night at a neighbors house and showed up in my cutest jeans and flip-flops and my favorite sweater (yes, it is in the high 60s tonight) and I was seriously under-dressed. When I think about going somewhere, the idea of wearing a dress doesn't cross my mind unless it is an event held at a church: wedding, funeral, maybe a church service if it is a special occasion. Not that I don't like dresses, because I do. I just like my jeans more. I need to learn to err on the side of formality, but honestly that just rubs me the wrong way. Why would you put on a bunch of makeup and pearls to go to your neighbor's house? I don't get it. At least I wasn't wearing a Goodwill t-shirt I suppose, but maybe I will next time =)

4 comments:

Case and Los said...

HA HA HA! I am wearing a down vest at Starbucks right now, just because I can, and I know that once we move to Tejas in 3 weeks, no longer will I be able to sport my NW apparel. We're selling as much winter gear as possible on Craigslist. Don't worry Shan, you are normal, they're strange (j/k- kinda). LOVE YOU!

Elaine said...

That sounds perfectly fine to me! I have been itching at the chance to wear a sweater or buy a new fleece! I miss that NW weather everyday! Hope to see you guys soon.

The Medina Heins' said...

Haha...I love you and that is a funny story...so something that would happen in my world...couldn't tell ya the last time I dressed up besides a wedding!! ;-) You rock...keep rockin' your jeans and flip flops! ;-)

A, E, e, a said...

Augh, Shannon! I so feel your pain! I feel like most of my neighbors wear their pearls when they go on walks in the neighborhood. I'm SERIOUSLY not meant to live around "The Old Money South..." =) Bring on Chacos and fleece!